Our Commitment to the Users of our App
Definition of Personal Information. When we refer to the term “Personal Information,” it includes any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular User.
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of Personal Information about Users on our Services:
- Data provided by Users:
- Contact Data. Name, mailing address, phone number, and email address.
- Account Access Data. User/account name and password.
- Physical, Image, or Audio Data. Personal and demographic information including age, a picture of your face, your driver’s license, and your vehicle. We may collect information to confirm your ability to perform the Services. For example, we may ask you to confirm that you can lift objects above a certain weight threshold.
- Government and Other Identifiers. Driver/operator license, Vehicle Identification Number (“VIN”), license plate, vehicle insurance account information.
- Data Created by our Services
- Device, Website, or Application Use Data. Unique personal identifiers, online identifiers, and internet protocol (“IP”) addresses.
- Location Data. By registering to use our Services, you consent to your location data being collected and used as described in this section. We collect Driver’s precise or approximate location data, including to enable Drivers to use the Services and operate as a Driver, to enable Drivers to pick up the deliveries and to be routed to delivery locations during the Shyft. We collect this data when the App is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) and background (app open but not on-screen) at all times during the Driver’s Shyft (i.e. when Driver is on route to deliver cylinders using Cynch Services). All Drivers must enable the sharing of their location data during the entire duration of their Shyft. Drivers may choose to turn location tracking off during their Shyft (e.g. for lunch or a break).
- Usage Data. We may also collect data about the Users’ activity and usage on the App, including during the registration process and while operating as a Driver.
SOURCES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect the above-listed categories of Personal Information directly from Users of the Services. We may also collect certain Personal Information from third party service providers. We may also verify the data you provide to us by obtaining the same data from third party data bases and publicly available information.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the categories of Personal Information collected about you to enhance our Services and your customer experience and for the purposes described below:
- Managing our relationship with you, including communicating with you and responding to your communications; assigning delivery routes for Drivers, and processing earning for Drivers;
- Reviewing Registrant’s registration to become a Driver, including using, processing, and storing Personal Information provided during the registration process;
- Providing you with available Shyfts, and creating a route for your Shyft, including tracking your precise geological location while you are using the App.
- Providing you with your requested Services and customer support;
- Complying with third-party contracts;
- Complying with our legal or regulatory obligations and managing potential litigation;
- Helping you efficiently access your information after you sign-in;
- Remembering information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Services;
- Providing, improving, testing, and monitoring the effectiveness of the Services;
- Developing and testing new products and features;
- Monitoring metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns; or
- Diagnosing or fixing technology problems.
Please note that we reserve the right to send you Services-related communications (e.g., account verification, payment confirmations, technical and security notices) by email, mail, or live telephone call that you may not opt out of.
We may use Personal Information for any purpose otherwise allowed by applicable law. We may also make use of all information acquired through the Services that is not Personal Information, such as de-identified aggregate data that is not linked or reasonably linkable to any consumer or household, including via a device.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your Personal Information with the following third parties or service providers for the purposes described below:
- We may either employ or partner with third-party service providers for the purposes of operating, facilitating, or enhancing our Services. In order for these third-party companies to carry out their services, your Personal Information and other data collected may be shared with these third-party companies.
- We may work with third party service providers to process your registration, or portion thereof, to become a Driver.
- We may partner or work with third-party companies to process earning, payments or other financial transactions related to the Services.
- We may engage with independent contractors to carry out Services on our behalf. In order for the independent contractors to complete Services, your Personal Information may be shared with them to the extent necessary to carry out Services.
- We may share your personal information as required by government, courts, and law enforcement. We will access, preserve, and share any information about you, without your consent, to government or law enforcement officials or private parties if we, in good faith, believe it is necessary or appropriate to do so to respond to claims and legal process (including, but not limited to, subpoenas), to comply with applicable laws, to protect the property and rights of AmeriGas, you or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to pose a risk of being, or is illegal, unethical or legally actionable. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards.
- We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; protect the legal rights and property or safety of ourselves, you or others, including as part of investigations; and prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
- We may also disclose your Personal Information with your permission.
The Services and their content are not directed to children under the age of 16. If a User under the age of 16 attempts to register for the Services, we would delete the information provided by such User as quickly as possible.
HOW WE RESPOND TO DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
The Service uses a third party service provider, Checkr, to conduct the background check portion of the registration process. Your browsing and use of Checkr, or any other third-party website or service we may link to, is subject to that third party’s own rules and policies, not ours.
NEVADA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Although AmeriGas does not currently sell personal information, Nevada residents have the right to request that a company not sell their personal information. This right applies even if their personal information is not currently being sold. If you are a Nevada resident, and would like to submit such a request, you can do so by calling sending an email to email@example.com or by calling us toll-free at 866-744-5420. You may also submit a request by mail to:
Attn: Nevada Privacy Request
P.O. Box 965
Valley Forge, PA 19482
CALIFORNIA SHINE THE LIGHT LAW
If you are a California resident, one time per year you can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information we have shared with third parties – if any – for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, during the preceding calendar year. Only information covered by the Shine the Light law will be included in our response.
To request a notice, please submit your request by mail to:
Attn: California Privacy - Shine the Light Request
P.O. Box 965
Valley Forge, PA 19482
You may also submit a request to us by email to privacyrequest@AmeriGas.com. Please include “California Privacy - Shine the Light Request” in the subject line of your email. Please also include your name and mailing address in the body of your email or letter.
If you are a California resident, we will provide the requested information to you at your email address if we have your email address on file. Please allow 30 days for a response.